Soft Star's commitment to be good citizens socially and environmentally.

1. 2019 Movement and Shoemaking Workshop with Katy Bowman

2019 Movement and Shoemaking Workshop with Katy Bowman

Katy Bowman returns to Softstar Shoes in spring of 2019 for another weekend of shoemaking and movement training.
  2. Shinrin-Yoku: Nature Therapy

Shinrin-Yoku: Nature Therapy

Have you heard of forest bathing? No, it's not about getting sudsy in the woods. Julia Plevin explains the benefits of immersing yourself in nature.
  3. Softstar Named One of the Best Green Workplaces in Oregon… Again!

Softstar Named One of the Best Green Workplaces in Oregon… Again!

Here at Softstar we were honored to be named one of the 100 Best Green Workplaces in Oregon by Oregon Business in 2016, 2017, and 2018. This year, we are so excited to be included in the category AGAIN for 2019! With so many amazing companies in Oregon working hard to promote sustainability and green workplace practices, it is such...
  4. The Best Travel Shoes Are Comfortable, Lightweight and Versatile

The Best Travel Shoes Are Comfortable, Lightweight and Versatile

The other day, I was flipping through some old photos from a vacation to France I’d taken with my best friend when I was in my early 20s. It was an unforgettable trip of visiting famous landmarks and museums, eating great food, and doing LOTS and lots of walking. I paused at one of the photos and chuckled to myself...
  5. Softstar Wins 2018 DeMuro Award for Workshop Renovation

Softstar Wins 2018 DeMuro Award for Workshop Renovation

We have some big news! Over the past couple years, we shared our journey of moving into our new workshop in Philomath, Oregon. As you may have heard, we restored a 1950s roller rink into the company’s revamped workshop and retail location. Previously known as the Phil-O-Rink, this wood-trussed structure served as a community skating rink for a quarter century...
  6. Comfortable Wedding Shoes: A Must!

Comfortable Wedding Shoes: A Must!

Spring is right around the corner here in Oregon! This is such a special time of year. The sun starts to peek out from behind the clouds, flowers bloom, and everything feels fresh and new again. Something else that always rolls in this time of year is wedding season. Whether you are getting married or you know someone who is...
  7. Stacking Your Goals with Daily Movement in Mind

Stacking Your Goals with Daily Movement in Mind

Happy New Year to our wonderful Softstar followers! Like so many of us are doing as we kick off 2018, you may be looking at your life and reflecting on what is and isn’t working for you, what habits you want to drop or adopt, and what you hope to accomplish in the year ahead. Adding a bit of bah-humbug...

Products 15 to 21 of 136 total

Page