Soft Star's commitment to be good citizens socially and environmentally.

1. Get to know Our Moc3 Testers!

In preparation for the release of our Moc3, we asked three active individuals to test our shoe and provide feedback. Our testers are a very important part of the Moc3 production process. Recently two of our testers, Donald Buraglio and Andrew Mebane, talked with us about their experience testing our shoes. Here are their responses. How did you become a...
  2. Traveling in Soft Star Shoes

The summer season is finally here! So far this summer our workshop has been busy with the release of the RunAmoc Dash and the Moc3. The warmer months usually mean packing up the family and taking a vacation, even our hardworking elves have to sneak off for some vacation time. Elf Larkin has already mentioned how great our shoes are for...
  3. Local children crafting moccasins

A local homeschooling group of children stopped by the shop today to show us the moccasins they have been working on in sewing class over the past few weeks. Check out the beading and fringe work - hard work even with tiny fingers! The children started their journey a few months back with a tour of the Soft Star Shoes workshop.  Afterwards, they researched Native American...
  4. Holy Scrap!!!

Ricky Nunn wins the "most efficient" and "biggest" use of scrap leather with his mosaic quilt. Made entirely from Soft Star Shoes leather scraps, the quilt measures 6 feet by 6 feet and weighs 15 lbs. Ricky made it on his home sewing machine - it took just 2 weeks of spare time to finish. Each piece is jigsawed together...
  5. Crafty Scrap! American Girl Club

Lizzie and Torie, members of a local American Girl club stopped by to show us the beautiful leather pouches each girl made for their doll. The leather was from Soft Star Shoe scraps. Maybe we are looking at future elves? Great work Girls!! Soft Star Shoes is a family friendly company located in Corvallis, Oregon. Viewpoints in this blog are...
  6. SCRAP-ing our leather

This past Saturday I dropped off our first leather donation to the SCRAP organization in Portland. They were excited to get the leather and sheepskin scraps and I was thrilled to give it to them. They said leather is always a popular material with the teachers and artists that make up much of the SCRAP clientele. SCRAP was started in...
  7. Veteran Day Giveaway - My Dad Will Rock!

We received so many wonderful entries for this giveaway—thank you to everyone who participated! Of all the submissions we received for veterans and active military personnel, the lucky winner (randomly chosen) was Wilson, Lt. Commander Retired, US Navy. His entry was submitted by his daughter Theresa who wrote this lovely entry:   My Dad would enjoy a pair of mocs...

Products 120 to 126 of 137 total

Page