Share Your Quarantine Self-Care Tips to Win a $50 Gift Card
Many Americans are now entering their second month of self-isolation (or longer, in other countries). New distancing rules have impacted virtually everyone as we adapt to staying indoors and abandoning common social interactions. As many people are learning, however, staying home in quarantine is not the same as a vacation. On the contrary, it can be very taxing.
For some folks, simply falling out of routine is enough to disrupt healthy sleeping, eating and exercise habits. For others, hearing constant negative news from the media can gradually wear down a positive outlook and lead to feelings of despair. And worrying about loved ones or an uncertain economic future can add to an already heavy burden. The stress from these situations can cause harm to our mental, physical and emotional well-being.
While we can’t solve all of our problems as quickly as we’d like, we can help each other deal with stress during difficult times. A little bit of self-care can go a long way towards feeling better and undoing the negative effects of stress, but sometimes we need a little boost to get started.
That’s why we’re asking you to share your self-care tips. What helps you maintain a healthy routine in isolation? How do you relax and decompress when times are rough? If you are normally a social person, how do you cope with distancing? We want to know!
Share and Win
Share a photo and caption of your favorite self-care technique by using the form below. We hope your tips will help other readers who may be feeling down.
To encourage everyone to share, we will randomly pick 5 entries to win a $50 Softstar gift card! Winners will be notified during the first week of May.
This contest has ended! Thank you to everyone who participated. Here are our five lucky winners. Scroll down further to see all the entries.
Here are all the entries from our wonderful fans. Click on an image to expand:[woobox offer="f3bpmc" trigger="enter"]
Are you struggling to come up with ways to de-stress and stay healthy in quarantine? Here are some ideas to help:
- Find time to exercise every day.
- Limit your screen time, especially with social media and negative news.
- Start a new hobby, or engage in an old hobby.
- Cook or bake! Whip up an old favorite, or challenge yourself with a new recipe.
- Organize and de-clutter your home.
- Read a good book. We asked our fans for recommendations. You can also start or join a virtual book club.
- If possible, spend time in your backyard to soak up some spring sunshine.
- Stick to a regular sleeping schedule: make sure you go to bed and get out of bed by a certain time every day.
- Tend a garden. If you live in an apartment then consider starting an indoor window herb garden.
- If working from home, set boundaries to separate work time from personal time.
- Take an online course to learn something new. Many online classrooms are now offering free courses.
- Connect with your loved ones, either by phone or video chat.
- Spend time with pets.
- Get creative. Do you have a favorite art medium or musical instrument? If not, it's a great time to learn!
- Give yourself a spa day.
- Eat healthy by limiting junk food.
- Reach out to help others during quarantine. Here are a few ways you can do it.