If you've every wished you could go barefoot all summer, dream no more! The Solstice offers everything you could want in a sandal: a lightweight and open design, a classic and versatile silhouette, and a secure fit for free and easy movement. The natural leather uppers feature clean lines accented with contrast stitching, and the closed back and adjustable strap secure the sandal to your foot (unlike that basket full of old flip-flops you've been meaning to phase-out). Perfect for treks to your favorite forest swim spot, strolls to the local ice cream shop, or dancing the night away at your next blowout barbecue, the Solstice just might become your next summer romance!
- Flexible, minimal Vibram rubber sole molds to your foot
- Buckle closure for adjustable fit
- Add a Flora stitched-on petal motif for a rich leather accent
- Handcrafted in USA from premium, responsibly-sourced leathers
- Custom shoes in like-new condition are fully returnable/exchangeable according to the terms of our return policy.
Please note: the Solstice style runs big so we recommend going down a full size from your regular Soft Star shoe size. See the video below for sizing tips.
- Highly recommend Review by Melanie A
- Beautiful and comfortable Review by OctoberAmy
- Wonderful Review by Kathleen
- So comfortable and cute! Review by Kim
- Fantastic as always!!! Review by Gretchen
- Amazing!! Review by Cpashley
- Love love love Review by Lori
- Perfect matching comfort Review by Nana P
- Comfy Sandal! Review by Maura
- My Favorite Sandal Review by Dianne
- Love these shoes! Review by Angie
Angie (Posted on 9/26/15)
- Love these!!!! Review by Solstice sandal
- Beautiful! Review by Diana
- Love these! Review by Kikki
- Nice sandal, sizing is still off... Review by Michigan Minimalist
Soft Stars sizing however could really use some work. I watched their video on the sandals, and according to the video I ordered one size down, and wide. I wear wides anyways. The shoe is still a bit too long, and dare I say too wide?
My wide Portlanders fit a bit too wide too, but my wide ballerines are barely wide enough. Who knows, I just hope that someday the sizing gets a bit more consistent or customizable. (Posted on 8/6/15)
- Great looking, comfortable sandal! Review by Janet
Follow the sizing recommendations: I have wide toes and wear size 8.5/39 in "regular" shoes. I got these sandals in 6W, and they fit perfectly.
I bought a second pair in shiny pewter! (Posted on 6/3/15)
- Finally, an adult sandal! Review by Dorayme
Write Your Own Review
Unsure about your size? Our printable guide will help you find the best fit for your feet! Just click the button below to print the guide and follow the instructions on the page (if you don't have access to a printer then scroll down for another option).
Note: before you print the guide, make sure your printer settings will not shrink or scale the page. Uncheck any boxes labeled "Fit to Printable Area" and/or set scaling options to "None."
Want more details? Check out this video for visual step-by-step instructions:
No Printer? No Problem!
You can still measure feet using the method below (also shown in our sizing videos). You can then scroll down and see where your measurements fall on our sizing charts to find the recommended shoe size. All you need is a book, a tape measure and a wall.
Note: we no longer recommend tracing your feet because it usually gives a larger measurement than the method described below. Our sizing charts work in accordance with the following method.
To measure your feet:
- 1. Remove shoes and socks and place the bare foot so that the heel is barely touching a wall.
- 2. Place a book in on the floor, parallel to the wall, so that it is barely touching the front of the longest toe.
- 3. Step away carefully and measure the distance from the book to the wall.
- 4. Scroll down and look for this measurement on the sizing charts below to find the recommended shoe size.
Once you find your length measurement, you can use table below to best find your corresponding size.
Wide/Narrow: Trouble deciding your width? Our best recommendation is to order a wide or narrow only if you have found you need those custom widths in other brands for your feet to be comfortable. If you have never found you needed wide or narrow shoes before then we suggest sticking with our regular width.
If you find yourself between two shoe sizes, we recommend ordering the larger size. This is especially true of our adult Phoenix Boots, Portlanders and Rogue casual shoes, which run a bit small.
The following list shows all of the leather colors used in our workshop.
You will notice that our smooth, full grain leathers come in a variety of grades and styles. We've found some of these to work well on certain shoes, but not on others. For this reason, when you choose to design your own shoe with smooth leather you will only see certain types available.
Click here or scroll to the bottom of this page to see descriptions of our different leather varieties.
*These colors are only available
NUBUCK LeathersNUBUCK Pebble
Discontinued LeathersThese colors are no longer available for new shoes, but you may find them among our pre-made Sole Mate shoes or clearance sale items.
| Black Mamba
SUEDE Baby Leopard
| VEGETABLE TANNED Parsnip
VEGETABLE TANNED Dune
VEGETABLE TANNED Rose Quartz
VEGETABLE TANNED Butternut
VEGETABLE TANNED Olive
VEGETABLE TANNED Grey Plum
VEGETABLE TANNED Waikiki
ULTRASUEDE Ginger Snap
Nova, Sublime, Plonge... What's the Difference?
- Smooth NOVA: A durable leather that is slightly stiffer than our other smooth leather options. Used for shoes that need the extra stiffness for proper support. This includes most of our shoes that are stitched directly to the sole, such as our Classics, Sandals, Ramblers and Merry Janes. Texture appearance looks the same as our Sublime and Vegetable Tanned leathers (though grain size can vary throughout every hide).
- Smooth SUBLIME: A durable smooth leather that is softer than Nova. We use this leather for our "turned" shoes (those that are made inside-out and then turned so the seams are on the inside) because the softer texture wraps around the foot well for a cozy fit. Used for our Roo moccasins, Metros, Dash RunAmocs and Original RunAmocs. Texture appearance looks the same as our Nova and Vegetable Tanned leathers (though grain size can vary throughout every hide).
- Cork: A very thin fabric lined with cork and gold speckles. This thin material is only available for decorative parts of certain design-your-own shoes, such as Dash RunAmoc sides or Ballerine heels.
- Smooth Aged Leather: This soft leather has been aged to give it a rustic look. It is used to make our Rogue shoes and select parts of our other design-your-own shoes.
- Vegetable-Tanned Leather: The only leather we import from Europe, due to it's highly sustainable properties. While all of our leather meets our sustainable standards (all of our leather is tanned without formaldehyde and colored with non-toxic food grade dye), this leather goes a step further with a purely vegetable-based tanning process using only grass-fed cows raised on controlled sustainable pastures in Germany's Bavarian Alps. Preferred by people with extreme chemical sensitivity. Due to it's high cost, there is an extra surcharge for use of vegetable-tanned leather in design-your-own shoes. Texture appearance looks similar to Nova and Sublime leathers. Please note this "naked" leather is likely to show cosmetic flaws and stains easily, even with just water.
- Shiny Leather: Smooth leather dyed with a glossy finish to give a shiny reflective look. Available for most of our design-your-own shoes that are made from either Nova or Sublime leather. Please note that shiny leather will dull with wear. Here's an example of Shiny Gold toddler moccasins worn for several weeks:
- Plonge Leather: The softest and lightest leather we could find! Since it is so thin and buttery soft, plonge leather works great for our baby Buttercup moccasins and the decorative trim on our adult Ballerine flats and is only used for these two styles.
- Suede Leather: Leather made from the lower layers of a hide to give a soft cloth-like texture. Available for most of our moccasins and RunAmocs. Suede colors marked above with an asterisk (*) are only available for adult Roo moccasins, which require a thicker grade of leather.
- NUBUCK Leather: A top-grain bovine leather that has been sanded or buffed on the grain side, or outside, to give a slight nap of short protein fibers, producing a velvet-like surface. Nubuck is unique because it has the durability of a top-grain leather with a soft touch that feels similar to a suede leather.
- LITE Leather: A thin smooth leather covered in perforation holes. Great for giving your shoes extra ventilation, and a favorite for runners in hot climates. Used for our RunAmocs and Ballerines.
- Vegan Ultrasuede Leather: A synthetic animal-free material with a texture similar to suede. Used to make our vegan shoes.