WANTED: Baby Name Ideas... and Fast!

Posted on July 8, 2014 by Elf Martin There have been 17 comment(s)

Updated 7/23/24: THE NEW ELF HAS ARRIVED!!! Tesla gave birth to a beautiful baby girl weighing 7lb 9oz. Mother and daughter are both doing great. Thanks to everyone for all the great name suggestions. The final name is... SAGE!

Original Post:

Many of you know Elf Tesla as the friendly voice that usually answers the phone when you call us with a sizing question. She's also our head honcho customer service elf and has a knack for putting out fires of all shapes and sizes without losing her cool. We're both delighted and sorry to say that you won't be hearing her voice for a while because she'll soon begin her first maternity leave!

WANTED: Baby Name Ideas... and Fast!

Elf Tesla, Nine Months Pregnant

Tesla and husband Michael are expecting their first child very soon—the due date is less than two weeks away! So far, everything is going great. The baby is looking super healthy, Tesla snatched up her favorite Softstar baby shoes from our showroom before anyone else could buy them and the whole elf staff had a blast at her baby shower. Only one big problem remains... Tesla and Michael can't decide on a name!

After months of discussion and web name searching, they still haven't found one they feel strongly about. It's getting close to baby time, so the deadline is fast approaching.

Tesla thought it might be fun to turn to our fans for ideas with the hope that something will pop out, so we're asking for your help. Do you have any name suggestions? If it helps, they know the baby will be a girl and the names they like the most so far are Juniper, Fiore, Isabelle and Ruby.

Feel free to list your suggestions in the comments below. Tesla is happy to hear them all!

And no worries, Tesla promises to return to the workshop in a few months (big sigh of relief from the rest of the elves).

WANTED: Baby Name Ideas... and Fast!

Tesla's baby shower. Softstar co-owner Tricia won the game of guessing the size of her baby bump!

Related Posts:

This post was posted in Community, Family, In the Workshop and was tagged with baby, elf, name, tesla, maternity, leave, customer service

17 Responses to WANTED: Baby Name Ideas... and Fast!

• David C.
    David C. says:

I've loved the name Adorabelle since the first time I heard it. It can also be split up as Adora Belle. I didn't know this name when my daughter was born or I would have suggested it. Instead I suggested Crystal Rose, but that got overruled.

Posted on July 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM

• Valerie
    Valerie says:

Savonna Joleen

Posted on July 8, 2014 at 2:47 PM

• Laura
    Laura says:

With a Name like Tesla there are a few wonderful ideas that spring to mind.

Rosalind for Rosalind Franklin X-ray crystallographer

Laura for Laura Bassi Newtonian Physics professor in the 18th century.

A few of the fabulous names on this Wiki page. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_scientists_before_the_21st_century

Posted on July 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM

• tara
    tara says:

I like Ruby. It's a bit old-fashioned but likeable and those names are becoming more popular. It's just different enough right now. I had a boy, but if I had a girl I would have liked Eleanor. That was as she grew into herself she has choices as to what to be called (Nora, Ellie, Ella, or the full Eleanor). I also like Juniper. Different but also spell-friendly and pronounceable. No matter what, congrats!

Posted on July 8, 2014 at 5:33 PM

• Sandra Robben
    Sandra Robben says:

My eldest daughter is Irene, meaning Peace. My youngest daughter, born recently, is Amia, meaning dearly beloved. Good luck with finding a name for this new baby!

Posted on July 8, 2014 at 6:59 PM

• Kellee oshea
    Kellee oshea says:

Grace. I love that name for a girl!

Posted on July 8, 2014 at 8:57 PM

• Angela
    Angela says:

I like Verona, Violet, Eva, Madrona, Isla, Isa, Suvi, Rosemary, Rosalia, Rose, Dahlia, Freya, Odessa, Alora, Ilana, Amara, Cora, Isadora Zinnia. I also love the names you have already chosen, Fiore, Juniper, Isabelle, Ruby. You may have to make a list of names and then wait until the baby is born before you decide. It will probably be much easier to choose a name to suit your child once you are holding and looking into your baby's eyes! Good luck!

Posted on July 9, 2014 at 11:30 AM

• Maranda H.
    Maranda H. says:

I like the name Genevieve. Also Annelise (pronounced Annalisa), Amelia, and Rowyn. Hope you find a name you like and have a safe delivery!

Posted on July 9, 2014 at 4:23 PM

• it's a common name
    it's a common name says:

I love a lot of the suggestions you've gotten. Just wanted to share our experience: we had a great list of beautiful, meaningful, clever and interesting names when our son was born and it did NOT include his name, which we'd easily crossed off the list long before. Then, well, as we struggled with our list on his 4th day on the earth, he told us both that it was in fact his name. And he was right. A joyful journey to you and your family!

Posted on July 9, 2014 at 6:08 PM

• Clarissa
    Clarissa says:

Some girls' names I liked (but I had boys) were Harriet, Josephine, and Pippilotta (Pippi Longstocking's full name).

Posted on July 10, 2014 at 6:22 AM

• nicol smith
    nicol smith says:

Hmm. There are soooo many lovely girl names to choose from. Some of my favorites are: Moira, Pearl, Nola, August, Asrai, Opal, Fiona, Una, Tegan, Nora, Amber, Alyss, and Breton.

Posted on July 10, 2014 at 5:37 PM

• Maya Mcintosh
    Maya Mcintosh says:

I am a firm believer little girls should be named after their mom's, if not exactly, in some way.

My suggestions: Elsa, Ella, and Tess.

Posted on July 15, 2014 at 7:32 AM

• Lorie
    Lorie says:

Nicolette

Posted on July 23, 2014 at 7:50 PM

• Anaïs
    Anaïs says:

Garance, Rose, Adelaïde, Jeanne, Colette, Romane, Manon, Louise.
    Ideas from France ! Too late for this little girl...
    ;-)

Posted on August 28, 2014 at 6:07 AM

• Sage
    Sage says:

As another girl named Sage (though it's my middle name), I heartily approve of Tesla & Michael's choice. Congrats!

Posted on October 23, 2014 at 12:07 PM

• Jamie Witmer
    Jamie Witmer says:

You have picked out some great names already. Love the name River. Just wanted to add Bethany, Lenox, Nevaeh Jane (Heaven Backwards), Jordan, August, Nikita and Kendall. I have friends that named their three boys Braden, Boston and Baylor. Thought that was fun. I love the name Tesla. Would be nice to combine it with something. Best wishes. Will be waiting to hear about the birth and if it's a boy or girl.

Posted on February 9, 2017 at 11:54 AM

• Brenda Ellens
    Brenda Ellens says:

I named my kids Phoenix , Summit and Orion.

Posted on February 11, 2017 at 7:26 AM