Big News: 3 Secrets Revealed About Our NEW Shoe Style... Coming Soon!

Posted on June 13, 2017 by Elf Shelley There have been 22 comment(s)

Hey Softstar fans, we have some HUGE news to share!

Things have been abuzz around the workshop for several months now as our talented designers are hard at work on a brand new shoe style. This new style has been a long time coming, as we’ve listened carefully to the feedback you've given us. We’re approaching final prototype testing and design decisions and are ready to start sharing the news with you! Here’s a sneak peek, with three tidbits about this all-new shoe.

1. We think this is our boldest shoe style yet, with a totally new sole shape that will catch your eye immediately. Our customers already tell us that friends and passersby comment on their Softstars all the time, and we can only imagine this new shoe will take that up a notch!
  2. Are you ready to strike out into the wild blue yonder? Because this shoe is truly wild. It’s a fun and healthy shoe for wonderfully wild soles (er, souls) and natural feet. In that spirit, the new shoe style will be called the Softstar PRIMAL.
  3. This new shoe is a versatile crossover that will work as both an athletic shoe and an everyday casual shoe. So whether you’re an urban dweller, a runner or an explorer of wild places, this shoe is for you!

Our new PRIMAL shoe will be released later this year. If you haven't already subscribed to our monthly email newsletter, then sign up here to receive first notice when this shoe is revealed. You can also follow the latest updates on our Coming Soon page:

See What's Coming Soon to Softstar

We think you’re going to love it, and we want you to be in the know. Get ready to GO WILD!

Related Posts:

This post was posted in In the Workshop, New Product and was tagged with new, shoe, new shoe, Primal, coming soon

22 Responses to Big News: 3 Secrets Revealed About Our NEW Shoe Style... Coming Soon!

• Cecilia Garner
    Cecilia Garner says:

I'm your girl for prototype testing :-)
    Size 8

Ceci

Posted on June 15, 2017 at 12:06 PM

• Joe
    Joe says:

Please make large sizes. I wear a 14U Dash.

Posted on June 15, 2017 at 12:09 PM

• Nocona
    Nocona says:

Can't wait. Deal me in!

Ceci, I have a pair of cool Ballerines in your size on ebay. Check 'em out.

Posted on June 15, 2017 at 1:15 PM

• Allyndreth Stead
    Allyndreth Stead says:

I can't wait! I can't wear your current shoes as my toes do spread & I wear correct toes. Feel free to let me know if you need a beta tester with correct toes on!

Love your styles and really looking forward to a shoe I can wear!

Posted on June 15, 2017 at 2:13 PM

• Vicki
    Vicki says:

And we are the opposite of joe. Dont forget small sizes! Small foot big toes :)

Posted on June 15, 2017 at 2:58 PM

• Greg M
    Greg M says:

Would you like some beta testers? I'd be honored to try a pair. - Greg in Renton

Posted on June 15, 2017 at 4:37 PM

• Greg M
    Greg M says:

I should add, 8.5W, and yes I'd like my toes to be spread wider, closer to the natural linear fan arrangement that we see in photos of "uncontacted" tribes in the tropics.

Posted on June 15, 2017 at 4:40 PM

• Cyndi
    Cyndi says:

Looking forward to these, as someone with very wide primal-loving feet!

Posted on June 15, 2017 at 5:59 PM

• Vicki
    Vicki says:

And i hope the new Primal is shaped just like the pic at the top- looks perfect

Posted on June 15, 2017 at 7:28 PM

• Nichole
    Nichole says:

I am looking forward to trying this. I hope it comes in small sizes. I wear Adult Sz. 4U Wide in the Solstice.

Posted on June 16, 2017 at 8:36 PM

• Nick
    Nick says:

Any more hints for a timeline? My current Dashes have run their course and are literally coming apart at the seams! I need a replacement, but this news has me in a bit of a bind....do I wait?

Posted on June 18, 2017 at 10:49 PM

• Alan
    Alan says:

If you would like a UK roadtester / reviewer please count me in. I can't wait to see what you come up with

Posted on June 20, 2017 at 3:14 AM

• Damion
    Damion says:

Am super keen for a pair of these. The Dashes are the most comfortable shoe that I've ever worn, but still not quite wide enough for all toes. If the Primal's are anywhere near the shape of the promo image, then my toes will be metaphorically "squealing in glee". Now we just need a release date....

Posted on June 20, 2017 at 6:25 AM

• Angela Edgar
    Angela Edgar says:

Finally, all my toes might fit on the sole. Hope it won't be much longer.

Posted on June 29, 2017 at 4:38 PM

• Mark
    Mark says:

Count me among the list of people hoping for something to fit my wider feet. No matter how many times someone says a shoe is "correct toes compatible", it's still pretty much guaranteed to be a snug fit on my end. I've been looking for a reason to try your shoes out. Hopefully this is it!

Posted on July 9, 2017 at 4:45 AM

• Mark
    Mark says:

If you need any foot tracings for people who have feet that rarely fit well even in most minimalist shoes, I would be happy to provide some.

Posted on July 11, 2017 at 11:54 AM

• Liz
    Liz says:

So excited. Hoping for a slim mid-foot & heel fit. My toes need room, but I am NOT Fred Flintstone.

Posted on July 18, 2017 at 10:30 AM

• Claire
    Claire says:

I am liking the toe box on this one. I hope it also comes in narrow, because I tried regular for the Dash which was too wide for my feet except perfect for my toes, and the narrow which was perfect for my feet but too cramped for my toes. This looks like it might fit better.

Posted on July 29, 2017 at 9:47 AM

• Elf Martin
    Elf Martin says:

Thanks Claire! Yes, we will have a narrow, though probably not until a few weeks after the initial release of the regular width.

Posted on July 30, 2017 at 2:04 PM

• Recce
    Recce says:

Tentative dates?? I'm holding off an order anticipating this - please let me know. TY.

Posted on August 6, 2017 at 10:59 AM

• Josh
    Josh says:

Also holding off on a new pair of the Dash to see what these look like.

Posted on August 17, 2017 at 1:02 PM

• Michael
    Michael says:

I'm also holding off on buying a new pair of Dash shoes to what this new design is like.

Posted on September 8, 2017 at 6:43 AM