The New Shoe Year Starts Now! Introducing Soft Star's 2014 Collection
New Year's may have already passed for Times Square and the Chinese calendar, but Soft Star is just getting ready to celebrate. When February winds down and spring approaches, it's time for us to introduce our new 2014 shoe collection!
The fashionista elves in our shop have worked hard deciphering the mysteries of our color swatches to bring you a whole new set of color combinations for our shoes, which you can now see on our website. And if that isn't enough to get you excited, we have a few new styles and features for you, too:
Have you already noticed the new shoes in our online catalog? We've been hard at work developing new styles and improving our existing shoes and this year we're rolling out the changes:
- Replacing the Youth Dash RunAmoc in 2014 is our new Youth Bolt. We saw the need for a more durable outdoor shoe for growing children and developed the Bolt to endure the worst your kids can throw at it. This shoe introduces what we call our Rugged Trail sole, featuring our popular RunAmoc sole with it's knobby tread on a stylish shoe for active kids who are tough on their footwear. The Bolt is now available in our 2014 collection colors as well as a Design-Your-Own option.
The New Youth Bolt
- A similar development is our new Rugged Rambler. With the same upper construction as our signature outdoor Rambler moccasin, the Rugged version features the same Rugged Trail sole as the Bolt for kids who want to hike, stomp, climb and jump all day long. This shoe is now an option for both Youth and Child sizes (down to child size 8), but can also be selected as an outersole option when you design-your-own child or youth Ramblers.
Child Rugged Rambler, with Trail Sole
- Although it isn't a new style, we have decided this year to offer a Dash RunAmoc with a bullhide leather sole (formerly called our "tough leather sole") as part of our 2014 collection. This means you can order our leather-soled Dash without the additional design-your-own fee!
2014 Collection: Dash RunAmoc with Bullhide Leather Sole
- You may recall that we added a LITE Turquoise leather option for our RunAmocs a couple months ago. We received such a grand response to it that we've decided to add Smooth Turquoise as well! But that's not all...
- Our customers have also been very excited about our new ultra-sustainable vegetable-tanned leather options, so we added Grey Plum to that selection.
You can now choose both Smooth Turquoise and Vegetable Tanned Grey Plum to all of our Design-Your-Own shoes made with smooth (full grain) leather.
Those of you who have kept tabs on us know that we made promises about other new styles to be released in 2014... and you won't be disappointed! In the upcoming weeks, you can expect to see the following:
- More Ballerines - It's only a matter of days now before we release our new ballet flat, the Ballerine, in a variety of different colors—as well as a design-your-own option!
- The Portlander - Have you heard about our new casual shoe? Your feet will want you to wear this all day long!
- SANDALS! - You asked for it, so we made it! Requests for a casual women's sandal have flooded in and this spring we're meeting the demand. Stay tuned for a preview to come...
This post was posted in Family, In the Workshop, On the Horizon and was tagged with colors, new, sandal, 2014, styles, bolt, rugged, rugged rambler, ballet flat, portlander, collection, 2014 collection