First Sneak Peek at the New Soft Star Ballet Flat!

Posted on May 14, 2013 by Elf Martin There have been 27 comment(s)

Gwen, one of our innovative designer elves, has been hard at work on her latest creation. She's putting the final touches on a project we've been dreaming about for a long time: the Soft Star ballet flat!

Our new ballet flat will be offered in a variety of materials, colors and motifs. We're now excited to share with you the first official photo showing what one of them looks like:

Soft Star Ballet Flat Sneak Peek

We still have a lot of work to do before we're ready to release this new style, which is currently scheduled to go on sale in August, 2013. We hope you'll stay posted for more updates, because we may be asking for feedback on color choices!

On the horizon...

Many people have inquired about our plans for an adult sandal. We're happy to say our designers are currently working on a pattern for one, but it won't be released until spring 2014. Also on the drawing board: a men's dress shoe!

This post was posted in In the Workshop, On the Horizon and was tagged with design, new, shoe, ballet, sandal, flat, dress shoe, august, release, shoe pattern

27 Responses to First Sneak Peek at the New Soft Star Ballet Flat!

• Jessica
    Jessica says:

I am so excited about these. I've been looking for a work shoe that looks nice, is comfortable, and won't mess up my feet...I think these could fit the bill!

Posted on May 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM

• Elf Martin
    Elf Martin says:

Thanks Jessica!

Posted on May 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM

• Kelly Williams
    Kelly Williams says:

Love it!! Very cute!! I'm excited for both of the new plans too. I would love a sandal and I know that the men would be happy for a shoe they can wear to work!

Posted on May 14, 2013 at 3:24 PM

• Elf Martin
    Elf Martin says:

Glad to hear it Kelly!

Posted on May 15, 2013 at 5:47 AM

• tina buescher
    tina buescher says:

Can't wait for August!!! I want a pair in black and a pair in brown for comfortable AND beautiful shoes to wear in my work as a photographer!!! I need comfort and flexibility, and I know Soft Star shoes fit the bill--and these look dressy enough to wear when working with clients! One question…what kind of soles will they have? I need a bit of traction when working on hard wood. Thanks!!!

Posted on May 23, 2013 at 8:11 AM

• Jess
    Jess says:

I now have august marked on my calendar. Love these so much and can't wait to get a pair!

Posted on May 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM

• Ruth
    Ruth says:

I have waited so long for soft star to come out with this type of shoe! I'm very excited to see more and to order a pair (or three!)

Posted on May 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM

• Laura
    Laura says:

Those look perfect for me! This is exciting. Can't wait.

Posted on May 23, 2013 at 9:41 AM

• Jenny
    Jenny says:

Those look adorable! I can hardly wait for the sandals next year!

Posted on May 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM

• DONNA HERRICK
    DONNA HERRICK says:

I love the ballet flat! I want RED ones! And BLACK ONES! And OLIVE ones! HURRAH for the elves!

Posted on May 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM

• Shannon
    Shannon says:

My birthday is in September!!! Guess what I'm asking for (in RED!) (or ORANGE!) How will I decide? And bring on the sandals! Keep up the good work, Elves!

Posted on May 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM

• zina
    zina says:

very excited! just wear barefoot shoes now and need something cute for a dress... please please please have a WIDE width and make available with the hard leather soles, also. keep up the great work. love supporting you guys.

Posted on May 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM

• mary
    mary says:

Awesome! I tried Tieks and they were not the right fit. I can't wait to try these. One bit of input -- please make the top part large enough to cover the toes -- it looks so bad when the lines of the toes show from under the top of the shoe.

Posted on May 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM

• Marian
    Marian says:

Looking good. Yes, the new ballet flat will add to my wardrobe of shoes for my happy feet. Thanks again, elves, for being so innovative and creative!

Posted on May 24, 2013 at 3:59 AM

• Claudia
    Claudia says:

I am so excited! I wish they were lower on the top, though. I have high arches so tops that show "toe jam" usually fit while the others are too tight. :( I enjoy soles that have total feel of the ground. My Merry Jane's and Dash Run a Mocks are too stiff to wear for a long time. I love the barefoot feel!

I can't wear any shoes but yours and huaraches since my foot has become more healthy! Thanks for providing such a fabulous product for those of us that value our feet and their happiness! I have been looking forward to a girly shoe for a long time!

Thanks a ton!

Posted on May 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM

• Megan
    Megan says:

So excited about these! Any chance you will be offering them in grey? I would love a pair in a nice, neutral color but am not such a fan of black or brown...

Posted on May 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM

• Elf Martin
    Elf Martin says:

Hi Megan! The stock colors are still undecided, but stay in touch because we may be asking customers to help us vote on them! We also expect to offer a design-your-own option for the ballet flats, although that may not come until a few weeks after their initial release.

Posted on May 28, 2013 at 8:13 AM

• Sarah
    Sarah says:

Looking forward to seeing these. I have yet to find a ballet flat that doesn't hurt the back of my ankle where the elastic hits.

Posted on May 31, 2013 at 5:42 PM

• Tewoderos Legesse

Nice

Posted on June 5, 2013 at 1:11 AM

• Anna
    Anna says:

I would also prefer more coverage in the front rather than less. And of course they have to be wide enough / kind of foot shaped in the toe box.

Posted on June 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM

• ikonija pekez
    ikonija pekez says:

Very cute and its look very comfortabl. Congratulations!

Posted on June 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM

• Raewynne
    Raewynne says:

I love the look of these. Hoping they will be as comfortable as my actual ballet shoes!

Posted on June 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM

• Amy Dail
    Amy Dail says:

I cannot wait to buy these! I want a design your own option because I want them in ruby:)

Posted on July 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM

• Lexa
    Lexa says:

ANY NEWS ON AVAILABILITY FOR THIS NEW AND WONDERFUL SHOE?

Posted on August 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM

• Elf Martin
    Elf Martin says:

We'll be posting an update very soon!

Posted on September 5, 2013 at 4:07 AM

• Kristine
    Kristine says:

Just wondering if I missed any news on these... So very excited to order some :).

Posted on October 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM

• Elf Martin
    Elf Martin says:

Nope, you haven't missed anything. Our testing phase took longer than we anticipated and we're working on some final design tweaks. The new release date is TBD, but we hope to have them out very soon!

Posted on October 9, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Comments

About Soft Star

25Anniversary Rafting Trip

Learn more about the elves, the company, and the shoes we make!

How We Make Them

Made in USA

Handmade to order with eco-friendly leathers, sheepskin and genuine Vibram™ soles.

Connect With Us