Need a larger size? Check out our Adult Sheepskin PLUS Innersoles.
- Made from genuine sheepskin.
- Naturally moisture-wicking—keep feet dry!
- Designed to work with Softstar's kids' shoes.
- Free international shipping when ordered with a shoe.
We recommend letting your child's shoes break-in before using these innersoles. The natural loft of the sheep will form to the shape of the foot and pack down over time, so the fit may feel a bit snug the first few days. They will loosen up over time.
Write Your Own Review
Find Your Child's Size!
You can measure your children's feet at home using a book, a ruler and a wall. You can then see where the measurement fits on our charts below to find the recommended Softstar shoe size.
Note: we no longer recommend tracing feet because it usually gives a larger measurement than the method described below. Our sizing charts work in accordance with the following method.
To measure your child's feet:
- 1. Remove shoes and socks and place your child's bare foot so that the heel is barely touching a wall.
- 2. Place a book on the floor, parallel to the wall, so that it is barely touching the front of the longest toe.
- 3. Move your child's foot away carefully and measure the distance from the book to the wall.
- 4. Look for your measurement on the sizing charts below to find the recommended shoe size.
- Wiggle/growing room is already taken into account.
- If your child is on the border between two sizes then we recommend the larger size.
SANDAL SIZING: Our child sandals tend to run big since they are open-toed and open-heeled.We recommend ordering one size smaller than the recommended size for sandals.
BOOT SIZING: Boots tend to run small due to sheepskin lining and (often) thicker socks. It is usually safe to go up at least one size when buying Soft Star boots for your child. The North Star is a more "fitted" style, so order a wide if you plan to wear with thick socks or if you want a roomy fit.
MOCCASIN NOTES: The good thing about soft, moccasin-style shoes (like the Roo or Viley) is that extra length is generally not a problem, so you can often buy with growing room. Your child's foot will slide right to the front of our moccasins and the excess length will be in the back behind their ankle—no worries about tripping over extra length at the toe. Think of it like a glove for their feet. The moc style shoe is very forgiving if too big, which is a good thing if you are on a budget.
If your child has thick or chubby feet, be sure to indicate you need a wide width. If your child has EXTRA wide feet, please read this.
Printable Stand-On Size Guides
We recommend using the measuring method shown above for the most accurate sizing, but if you'd like a simpler method (especially when measuring squirmy children) then you may want to try our printable size guides. Just print the guide below and follow the instructions on the page.
Note: before you print these guides, make sure your printer settings will not shrink or scale the page. Uncheck any boxes labeled "Fit to Printable Area" and/or set scaling options to "None."