Mary Jane Sneak Peek!

Posted on August 25, 2011 by Tricia There have been 71 comment(s)

The Elves have been working hard this summer creating an adult Mary Jane style. Our goals is to have a soft, flexible and lightweight shoe that works great for everyday casual wear. Here is a sneak peek we want to share with you. This particular pair is sapphire blue. The initial feedback from our Elven testers is that they are super soft and comfortable!

Soft Star Mary Jane Sneak Peek

We hope to have the Mary Jane out by December. In the meantime, if you have thoughts on what color you may want  for your wardrobe then please let us know! We will be choosing our stock colors soon and would love your opinion.

This post was posted in On the Horizon and was tagged with adult sandals, Adult Shoes, Announcements, Mary Jane, Sneak Peek

71 Responses to Mary Jane Sneak Peek!

• Kelly McNulty Valenzuela
    Kelly McNulty Valenzuela says:

Red, Navy, Black or Camel would be nice. =)

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 8:25 AM

• Aimee Wise

YES!!! Finally. Looking forward to ordering a pair, maybe in a metallic bronze or metallic purple. Can't wait until a ballet-style shoe comes out too! Keep up the great work. :)

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 8:36 AM

• Melissa
    Melissa says:

red (or maroon) , black, chocolate brown...fun!!!

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 8:38 AM

• Melissa
    Melissa says:

Oh and do we really have to wait until December???

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 8:39 AM

• Alicia
    Alicia says:

Green : )

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 8:52 AM

• Karin
    Karin says:

Sweet pea green. Ocean blue. Soft pinky red. Orangey-gold. Deep lavender.

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 8:54 AM

• tankgirl
    tankgirl says:

Black or Burgundy, and would love to see a vegan option. These look super cute!

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 9:01 AM

• Dave
    Dave says:

Hey they look nice. If they are out early December they would make a great Christmas gift! Got a price in mind? I wanna buy my wife a pair.

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 9:05 AM

• sue
    sue says:

a nice rich maroon or oxblood , a caramel color, and a grey for Fall....

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 9:09 AM

• Charlene Andersen
    Charlene Andersen says:

I think chocolate would make a great stock color. Also, I'd love to see navy and caramel be a dyo choice for color. Just my opinion!

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 9:34 AM

• Barbara Maclay Cameron

Purple!!

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 9:57 AM

• Catherine
    Catherine says:

Hooray! I have been checking the site each season, hoping for a big kid and adult Mary Jane! It is gorgeous!

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 10:56 AM

• Catherine
    Catherine says:

Oh, and please watch the toe box so that there is enough vertical room for the toe. It certainly looks wide enough. Seeing the model shot with the big toe nail pushing against the leather reminds me that my run amocs started out without enough vertical rise.

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 10:58 AM

• Sej
    Sej says:

purple purple purple!

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 11:02 AM

• Annette
    Annette says:

Bordeaux or maroon since it will go with black, brown, and navy. Black patent leather would be nice as well. My daughter would like an ocean blue or pink. She would definately wear these to school every day. We were going to buy her another type of shoe elsewhere but I may just make her wait until December when she can use this for her dress shoe. We will each be sporting pair as soon as we can order them! Can't wait!

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 12:09 PM

• Emma
    Emma says:

Yeah, a rich, deep red; nice warm brown; a deep, ocean-inspired teal.... I cannot wait! Also, December?!? :( Oh, well.... patience is a virtue.

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 12:17 PM

• Stephanie
    Stephanie says:

Black and navy blue.

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 12:23 PM

• Beth
    Beth says:

Black, Brown, Red

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 12:43 PM

• christie
    christie says:

metallic grey, hot pink, bright green!

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 1:37 PM

• christie
    christie says:

I was wondering how these do in rain?

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 1:49 PM

• Cecelia Lehmann
    Cecelia Lehmann says:

Purple! Please! I have huge feet and while I'm not super girly I miss out on a lot of the fun shoes out there because they don't come in my size. Purple would totally make me buy a pair.

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 3:42 PM

• Amy
    Amy says:

Cannot wait until December to have these shoes! I would say a dark brown would be great for an everyday color and then a fun one such as red, ocean blue etc. Love them!

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 8:43 PM

• Amy
    Amy says:

As u want these to wear for work (business casual) I would LOVE to see black and chocolate or camel as stock colors.

Posted on August 25, 2011 at 11:50 PM

• Mary
    Mary says:

I hope you are planning on offering narrow sizes! These are really cute. I think a combo of a few basic neutrals and a few fun colors would be nice.

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 3:09 AM

• vicarno's mama annelies

Oooohhh... This is such a great news! I can hardly wait! And the colors : definitely red, RED and RED!

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 3:12 AM

• Catherine
    Catherine says:

I'm in the deep rich brown camp, or maybe a cognac. Can the be lined with sheepskin? And have a real buckle? I love a nice wide toebox, too, with room for toe wiggling. I can't wait!

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 3:45 AM

• Sej
    Sej says:

I second the sheepskin request, and a real buckle too...

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 4:36 AM

• Ann Asher
    Ann Asher says:

I'd sure like to see these in a bronze like tan or silvered metallic grey- something for dressy occasions!

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 5:32 AM

• Ann Asher
    Ann Asher says:

Oh and I third the sheepskin lining and real buckle!

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 5:36 AM

• Ikwig
    Ikwig says:

I'll third the sheepskin and real buckle suggestions - as for colors, I'd be happy with anything in the burgandy, brown, or navy areas!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get a little box of star stickers for my calendar - time to start counting the days until I can have my new Mary Jane's in hand . . . or rather, on my feet! :)

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 5:50 AM

• Denisa
    Denisa says:

I would like orange, but black and dark brown are nice too.
    I hope you make vegan ones too.

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 6:07 AM

• Nathalie
    Nathalie says:

They look great! I would love a chocolate brown pair that would fit with everything...

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 6:13 AM

• daan
    daan says:

green! red! or simple black

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 6:18 AM

• Carola
    Carola says:

So excited that you decided to make this for adults!! Love the style and can't wait till it comes out:) I like the idea of a few basic colors--neutral, brown, black, white and a few wild colors--yellow, red, green

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 6:23 AM

• Carola
    Carola says:

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 6:23 AM

• wertheones

I am so excited! My must have colors would be chocolate, caramel, pewter, burgundy, purple, forest, and black. Can't wait~!!!

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 6:56 AM

• J. Orrock
    J. Orrock says:

I love these mary janes! Please, please make them affordable and in the colors black and brown!

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 1:09 PM

• J. Orrock
    J. Orrock says:

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 1:09 PM

• dana
    dana says:

ohhhhhh thank you! This will save my feet! I can where them with my dress clothes for work! I would love some earthy color choices like a mossy green, burgundy, brown, muted purple or pink.
    Thank you!!!!

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 1:47 PM

• Joanne
    Joanne says:

Red! Black! Brown! Tan! Maroon! Please. Looking forward to their availability.

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 2:40 PM

• Karen Kane
    Karen Kane says:

As one Catherine said, there should b more vertical space for that big toenail. I think u could still feel barefoot with a heavier leather on top. I have some Sodhoppers with a bore substantial upper. Much better. All the little babies love yer shoes.

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 3:53 PM

• Amelia
    Amelia says:

Would love to see a real buckle for a little more polish as I hope to use these as business casual shoes. A Velcro fastening would feel babyish or slouchy.

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 7:58 PM

• Cath
    Cath says:

Fantastic! I'm can see these becoming the only shoe type in my wardrobe!!

Sheepskin soles please, and buckle closures also please!

I'd love to see black, brown, red and dark blue in the standard asortiment and would love purple, graas green and soft pink as options.

Hurry up Christmas!

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 8:29 PM

• wmuamy
    wmuamy says:

LOVE these!! Would love the color pictured, black or metallic gray. NICE WORK! Can not wait until december!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on August 27, 2011 at 11:59 AM

• patiO Thomas
    patiO Thomas says:

Sign me up for the Mary Jane! They look great - As an aside, I love my Moc3s - haven't run in them yet but just walked home from downtown in them (~3 miles). They are the perfect answer to someone like me who loves being barefoot and will take any opportunity to do so. Keep up the great work!

Posted on August 28, 2011 at 7:50 AM

• Heather
    Heather says:

Yay! I was hoping you would make an adult mary jane. I also would love sheepskin and a buckle option although I would still buy them with the velcro. As for colors- a deep red/burgundy, dark brown, dark green, and while I wouldn't buy them, I'm sure black would be fairly appealing to many people.

Posted on August 29, 2011 at 1:20 AM

• Ruth
    Ruth says:

I cannot tell you how long I have waited for this shoe to come out! THank you!!!! I hope it will be in youth sizes also:) Since I'm a very practical person, I'd like to have this in black, red and blue...the sapphire you have shown is perfect, I think. I also second the ballet flat recommendation. But December? Oh I guess I'll just have to be patient....so hard to do when I am so eager! I'd love to be a tester!!!

Posted on August 29, 2011 at 11:09 PM

• Ruth
    Ruth says:

Ooh, silver (metallic grey) and brown would be fabulous too!!

Posted on August 29, 2011 at 11:10 PM

• Jackie
    Jackie says:

They look awesome! Can't wait. I would love them in a camel or rich brown and black. Beyond that, navy would be great! I also saw someone mention a buckle. I like that idea. It would dress them up a little bit and make them more work appropriate.

Posted on August 30, 2011 at 9:45 AM

• Ikwig
    Ikwig says:

Also, might we please, please, please have options for cutouts and leather flower decorations on custom adult Mary Janes? I know that many adults only want fairly staid shoes for work and such, but I can't be the only adult out there who gets jealous of all the fun and decorative extras that little kids get to have on their shoes and clothing! I want flowers on my shoes too!

Posted on August 31, 2011 at 7:57 AM

• Lori
    Lori says:

Ikwig, I like the way you think! Flowers would be AWESOME!

Posted on August 31, 2011 at 10:22 PM

• Amanda
    Amanda says:

Another vote for sheepskin and a real buckle!

I would also want to wear them for work. It is very difficult to find a minimalist shoe that works for business casual. Let's just say my runamocs don't cut it! So with that in mind, definitely a black or brown would be great!

Thanks for making these! I'm super excited to get a pair once their available!

Posted on September 4, 2011 at 12:27 PM

• Amanda
    Amanda says:

Another vote for sheepskin and a real buckle!

Thanks for making these! I'm super excited to get a pair once their available!

Posted on September 4, 2011 at 12:27 PM

• Karin Jeucken
    Karin Jeucken says:

Burgundy please, I absolutely love them! Any hint of a salesprice yet?

Posted on September 6, 2011 at 6:01 AM

• Camille
    Camille says:

Oh wow! I BADLY NEED professional-looking flats (business casual and formal) that don't squish up my toes, and can be worn with tights. I'm currently wearing French Sole NY everyday, and I wear out 3x pairs of their Sloop model a year because I refuse to wear heels or boots - even in rain and snow!

Please, please, please make a Soft Star ballerina shoe with no strap! I also suggest to have the sole seam on the inside (like the DASH) for a more finished and polished look. An option to add an offset flower would be really cute too!

I would buy ALL these colors if you offered them:

Maroon/Burgundy/Oxblood
    Navy - flat and shiny
    Pewter/Silver

Posted on September 6, 2011 at 8:20 AM

• tara
    tara says:

yay!! Will you be able to modify them down to say a Youth Medium or Youth Large? Though I am an adult, I have small feet (so do all the women in my family!) and we order the Youth Medium and Youth Large for our needs!!

Posted on September 9, 2011 at 1:44 AM

• tara
    tara says:

Posted on September 9, 2011 at 1:44 AM

• Jesse Pavlik
    Jesse Pavlik says:

I am so excited!! I also agree with sheepskin and buckles. I would want these in black, grey, and mustard yellow, definitely.
    I too am putting in my vote for a ballet flat next!

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 4:12 PM

• Jesse Pavlik
    Jesse Pavlik says:

I too am putting in my vote for a ballet flat next!

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 4:12 PM

• Jesse Pavlik
    Jesse Pavlik says:

I too am putting in my vote for a ballet flat next!

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 4:12 PM

• Amy
    Amy says:

Love the sapphire shown. I would love to see black and deep brown. I would also enjoy an olive green. Would LOVE sheepskin lining. Please consider launching sooner than December! By then we will be inches deep in snow here!!

Posted on September 12, 2011 at 5:55 AM

• Amy
    Amy says:

Posted on September 12, 2011 at 5:55 AM

• Ala
    Ala says:

I was contemplating the Vivo Barefoot’s Kali Shoe but now that I have heard about this shoe I will wait until December. Love the buckle idea and dark brown, black, burgundy, red are a few of the colors I would consider.

Posted on September 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM

• Ala
    Ala says:

Posted on September 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM

• Ala
    Ala says:

Posted on September 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM

• Becky L.
    Becky L. says:

I'd love a pair in the nutmeg brown color! Dark Brown might work, too. Also, will they have the fuzzy lining? (The lining is why I choose my Ramblers over my RunAmocs for most of my walks and hikes - I love the soft, wicking lining on my bare feet.) Will the sole be like the Vibram one on my Ramblers? Can't wait to see these - maybe Santa will leave a pair under the tree for Mom this year...

Posted on September 28, 2011 at 10:21 AM

• Becky L.
    Becky L. says:

Posted on September 28, 2011 at 10:21 AM

• Alana
    Alana says:

THANK YOU!!! Smooth leather forest green or neutral colors that traverse black, gray, brown, and khaki-colored bottoms. A burnished vintage-y brown with charcoal or rust top-stitching, instead of chocolate. For black, caramel top-stitching, please (much more versatile)!

Can the edge of the front of the jane please be on a diagonal or better yet -- a T-STRAP? Wide feet (at least mine) look so much prettier when the length is accentuated.

If Velcro, maybe the "sticky" part can be the short part, attached to the shoe, since having it on the strap tends to adhere to (and pull on) socks. I won't buy it with metal buckles, but a leather-wrapped or vegan one would be fine.

Ditto what Camille said on September 6, 2011 at 3:20 pm. A flower -- made of leather or vegan -- would be great. i would also buy ballet flats with the same elastic comfort as the run amok.

Posted on October 12, 2011 at 3:15 PM