RunAmocs celebrate one year anniversary!

Posted on April 28, 2011 by Tricia There have been 5 comment(s)

RunAmoc Original

Happy Anniversary RunAmocs!

It's hard to believe that we started selling RunAmocs one year ago today, what a fun year it's been!

When RunAmoc first came out, we said we would be delighted if 100 pairs sold over the course of the upcoming year. We never imagined the shoes would become our most popular style. The shoe literally "ran away" from us, as 48 orders poured in on that first afternoon.

RunAmoc's birthday cake

Keita - who was the lead on this design was enjoying a long birthday weekend on launch day.  Hava was up to the challenge and excited to make her first pair when the first order came in.  Then came a second order... and a third... and whooaaa!! an exciting and unanticipated journey began.  (Ooooh it was tempting to call our Birthday Elf back in... but we held off!)   Over the past year we have put in a lot of energy to continually improve the shoes, as well as developing two new styles that will launch next month.

It's been exciting  how the minimalist running community has embraced the RunAmoc. The Soft Star Elves would like to thank our customers for your support!

This post was posted in In the Workshop and was tagged with Adult Shoes, anniversary, minimalist shoes, RunAmoc, Soft Star history

5 Responses to RunAmocs celebrate one year anniversary!

• Dwight
    Dwight says:

I'm not surprised that these are selling well. I am not aware of any other shoe that works as well as the Runamoc for active people who have foot problems (that were probably cause by the shoes I used before Runamoc.) Thank you for making a great product.

Posted on April 28, 2011 at 6:17 AM

• Jim H
    Jim H says:

I didn't know it at the time but I celebrated your one year anniversary with a long trail run in my SMOOTHs. Since I got my RunAmocs in February this year I have run in nothing else and my chronic hip pain has vanished. Congrats on your well deserved success.

Posted on April 28, 2011 at 8:07 AM

• Alison Goodchild
    Alison Goodchild says:

I've been wearing my RunAmoks everyday (during my daily trail and road runs as well as every waking minute in between) since September. They do, of course, look less sleek and more slouchy then when they were new but the only problem that I've got to mention is the fact that I am now wearing holes in the heals. Not in the actual Vibram sole but into the leather directly behind the sole. Perhaps the next design could have a reinforced heal back there. Thanks so much for my footwear. I've been scanning every passing runner for months hoping to see another pair run past but as of yet I seem to be the only run RunningAmok around Providence. Happy Birthday!

Posted on April 28, 2011 at 10:12 AM

• Donald
    Donald says:

Hooray! Congrats to all the elves. You deserve all the success you've enjoyed; I know how hard you've all worked to make it happen. Thanks for all that you do to support the minimalist running community.

Posted on April 28, 2011 at 1:44 PM

• Michael Banaag
    Michael Banaag says:

Congratulations! The RunAMocs are still doing great for me in a lot of things from running, teaching self-defense, playing basketball, and (while I got away with it) stocking at work as well ad errands and everyday casual wear. What makes this shoe so great aside from other many reasons that can be listed is the potential for it to be custom made as they were done for me! Reduces fit issues for everyone! Thanks Elves! & Happy Anniversary!

Posted on April 28, 2011 at 3:48 PM