Adult Sandals?

Posted on July 18, 2008 by LiveBare There have been 26 comment(s)

It has been HOT in Oregon the last few weeks which has prompted us to create some prototypes for adult sandals.

The purple one is actually an exact replica of our kids style as we have had MANY requests from customers to make them in adult sizes. The chocolate is another style we are playing with. We actually sold this shoe to a local customer 5 minutes after it was made... kindof fun.

Let us know if you like either of them. We hope to get patterns and dies made this fall so next summer we will have more options for our "Big Kids" to choose from.

This post was posted in On the Horizon and was tagged with adult sandals, prototypes

26 Responses to Adult Sandals?

• Anonymous says:

I love the sandals! I would consider making the toe opening a little bigger so it looks more in proportion with the sandal. Very cool!

Posted on July 21, 2008 at 6:11 AM

• Anonymous says:

i like the sporty look of the newer one. i have definitely been wanting a soft star sandal... just something to look forward to for next summer!

Posted on July 24, 2008 at 6:34 PM

• Emma says:

I want I want I want!</>More openness/air flow would be good, though. </></>I just replaced my Crocs in the hopes that by the time this pair wears out, you will have adult sandals for me to buy. If they're affordable, all the better! :)</></>Will you have them with various sole options?

Posted on July 24, 2008 at 6:46 PM

• Anonymous says:

I would definitely buy soft star sandals! I love the purple ones.

Posted on July 24, 2008 at 7:10 PM

• Rox says:

I love the brown style. I would buy and wear!!!!!! Do you have any more prototypes for sale?

Posted on July 24, 2008 at 7:37 PM

• Anonymous says:

yep, i'd buy them. i'd like a bigger toe gap though.

Posted on July 24, 2008 at 7:45 PM

• Anonymous says:

I really like the black pair. If you want anyone to try them, please let me know.</></>sarah@meditscape.com

Posted on July 24, 2008 at 9:03 PM

• Melissa says:

yes! i'll take some! vegan ones, please!

Posted on July 24, 2008 at 9:11 PM

• Really great idea !!

Posted on July 25, 2008 at 2:18 AM

• Evie says:

I've been waiting for these! I LIVE in my mocs year 'round. They keep my feet from drying out during the summer and keep them warm during winter. I will be first in line when the adult sandals come out!

Posted on July 25, 2008 at 9:12 AM

• Tricia says:

Wow! Looks like there might be some interest in adult sandals! Thanks for all the great input~ We are all wearing mis-matched sandals around the shop as we work through our design iterations and try out all your great suggestions. In answer to Emma's question about the sole options - it will come with a soft, flat Vibram sole. The price point will be around $75-$90, depending on how fancy or plain the design ends up.

Posted on July 25, 2008 at 10:32 AM

• Anonymous says:

This is what I've been salivating for! I SO want a pair of these you could not make them fast enough; if you do have any prototypes for sale - or need a wliing victim for testing - please let me know!</></>nombulelo@yahoo.com

Posted on July 25, 2008 at 12:25 PM

• cécile says:

YES!!!!!!!!</>what a good idea!!</>I had asked you sandals for this summer, never mind, i'll wait next year.</>They are very nice, both of them.</></>Thanks </></>Cécile

Posted on July 25, 2008 at 1:47 PM

• Anonymous says:

I like the look of both models and would definitely buy some when they come out. In fact, I would also buy boots for myself right away, as I have always been envious of the ones my child has.

Posted on July 26, 2008 at 2:17 PM

• Looks great! I too would like a larger toe opening though. Once you're selling them, I'm ordering! We in my family of 6 love our Soft Star shoes!

Posted on July 27, 2008 at 7:06 AM

• Anonymous says:

I second the plea for boots! Is there any chance of that? Please oh please oh please? But yes, I also love the sandals. They look very cool and comfortable. I would definitely buy them.

Posted on July 28, 2008 at 10:17 AM

• Anonymous says:

I third the boots plea!!! Please at least strongly consider making adult boots! And I love both sandals; thank you for finally working on this!

Posted on July 30, 2008 at 8:47 AM

• Anonymous says:

I have also asked for these. I am on my feet all day and I think this is the ticket!The purple style looks interesting. I would also like a little wider toe opening if possible. Please let me know when these are ready for sale. I would love to try these out!!!!</>Helen

Posted on July 30, 2008 at 7:20 PM

• Sue says:

Both designs look great! I was just starting to look for sandals, as my old pair is wearing out... Now I will have to try get through the rest of the summer with these old ones, so I can get yours when they come out!</></>(If you need any "test dummies" I'll volunteer...)

Posted on July 31, 2008 at 9:10 AM

• Menna says:

I love these and second the notion of boots for adults!

Posted on September 1, 2008 at 4:31 PM

• Anonymous says:

I have been hoping you'd start making these for the last five years (when we started purchasing ss shoes for our daughter!) I like the purple too, a large toe opening would be nice, but I like them how they are too. I would absolutely be in for boots too, I definitely want purple boots.

Posted on September 3, 2008 at 12:05 AM

• Anonymous says:

If I could buy both sandles and boots my daughter and I would never(unless needed for school)never wear anything but soft star. My daughter only wears them now but I want some. Boots, sandles, please, please, please.

Posted on September 8, 2008 at 2:11 PM

• I love them. I'd like a bigger toe also, if possible, and can I have star cut outs? :)</></>My kids would love the toggle clasp, too.

Posted on September 24, 2008 at 9:36 PM

• Jill says:

Yes, yes yes!!!! Pleeeeaaaase make sandals for adults. Either style is fab, but I kind of like the style of the brown ones best. I just can't wait!!!!

Posted on September 25, 2008 at 7:38 AM

• Anonymous says:

I love the brown ones. And would also like to see a bigger toe opening. Looking forward to next summer in Oregon already... :)

Posted on September 25, 2008 at 11:51 AM

• Vanessa says:

I'd like some with a little less coverage, so they become hot-mama shoes. Another thought is to provide grosgrain ribbons as ties (a nod to Annie Mohaupt of Mohop fame). I'd swap the ribbons all the time to match different outfits. I would also need the prototype, natch, to play in the park with my boy.

Posted on April 18, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Comments

About Soft Star

25Anniversary Rafting Trip

Learn more about the elves, the company, and the shoes we make!

How We Make Them

Made in USA

Handmade to order with eco-friendly leathers, sheepskin and genuine Vibram™ soles.

Connect With Us