All of our leather is formaldehyde-free and colored with non-toxic food grade dye. Please be aware that textures and colors may vary slightly between different hides. Please contact us if you have any questions.
NOTE: Our smooth, full grain leathers come in a variety of grades and styles. We've found some of these to work well on certain shoes, but not on others. If you would like to know which types of smooth leather are available for a specific shoe, then please visit that shoe's design-your-own page. Once there, you will see the available color options in the dropdown menus.
Click here or scroll to the bottom of this page to see descriptions of our different leather varieties.
Smooth LeathersNOVA White
NOVA Grass Green
SUBLIME Hot Pink
SUBLIME Deep Blue Sea
SUBLIME Sky Blue
AGED Aged Black
VEGETABLE TANNED Black
VEGETABLE TANNED Cocoa
VEGETABLE TANNED Dune
VEGETABLE TANNED Eggplant
PLONGE Dark Hazelnut
PLONGE Royal Blue
PLONGE Robin Egg Blue
Suede LeathersSUEDE Grey
SUEDE Forest Green
SUEDE Medium Blue
SUEDE Cream with Stars
SUEDE Black with Stars
Nova, Sublime, Plonge... What's the Difference?
- Smooth NOVA: A durable leather that is slightly stiffer than our other smooth leather options. Used for shoes that need the extra stiffness for proper support. This includes most of our shoes that are stitched directly to the sole, such as our Classics, Sandals, Ramblers and Merry Janes. Texture appearance looks the same as our Sublime and Vegetable Tanned leathers (though grain size can vary throughout every hide).
- Smooth SUBLIME: A durable smooth leather that is softer than Nova. We use this leather for our "turned" shoes (those that are made inside-out and then turned so the seams are on the inside) because the softer texture wraps around the foot well for a cozy fit. Used for our Roo moccasins, Metros, Dash RunAmocs and Original RunAmocs. Texture appearance looks the same as our Nova and Vegetable Tanned leathers (though grain size can vary throughout every hide).
- Cork: A very thin fabric lined with cork and gold speckles. This thin material is only available for decorative parts of certain design-your-own shoes, such as Dash RunAmoc sides or Ballerine heels.
- Smooth Aged Leather: This soft leather has been aged to give it a rustic look. It is used to make our Rogue shoes and select parts of our other design-your-own shoes.
- Vegetable-Tanned Leather: The only leather we import from Europe, due to it's highly sustainable properties. While all of our leather meets our sustainable standards (all of our leather is tanned without formaldehyde and colored with non-toxic food grade dye), this leather goes a step further with a purely vegetable-based tanning process using only grass-fed cows raised on controlled sustainable pastures in Germany's Bavarian Alps. Due to it's high cost, there is an extra surcharge for use of vegetable-tanned leather in design-your-own shoes. Texture appearance looks similar to Nova and Sublime leathers, but please note this "naked" leather is likely to show cosmetic flaws and stains easily, even with just water.
- Shiny Leather: Smooth leather dyed with a glossy finish to give a shiny reflective look. Available for most of our design-your-own shoes that are made from either Nova or Sublime leather.
- Plonge Leather: The softest and lightest leather we could find! Since it is so thin and buttery soft, plonge leather works great for our baby Buttercup moccasins and the decorative trim on our adult Ballerine flats and is only used for these two styles..
- Suede Leather: Leather made from the lower layers of a hide to give a soft cloth-like texture. Available for most of our moccasins and RunAmocs.
- LITE Leather: A thin smooth leather covered in perforation holes. Great for giving your shoes extra ventilation, and a favorite for runners in hot climates. Used for our RunAmocs and Ballerines.
- Vegan Ultrasuede Leather: A synthetic animal-free material with a texture similar to suede. Used to make our vegan shoes.
- Completely changed my mindReview by Satisfied
- Totally worth it!Review by Sunshine