- Zero drop sole between toe and heel.
- Solid smooth leather upper suited for colder climates when extra warmth is desired.
- Wide toe box, so your toes can grip, spread & splay away!
- Special Wide XL Width option available for bigfooters. The same width as our normal wide option, wide XL adds extra material to the front upper (vamp) of the shoe for thick feet.
- Choose your sole: rubber 5mm Trail sole, rubber 2mm Street sole or natural bullhide leather sole (formerly called "tough leather sole").
- Lightweight, between 5.6 oz to 8.7 oz depending on the type of sole you choose and how big your paws are.
- Integrated lace elastic ankle closure for adjustable tension.
- Designed and made in Oregon using 100% made-in USA raw materials.
- Premium, formaldehyde-free leathers.
- We can make most shoes within 4 business days (some exceptions apply).
- Design-Your-Own shoes in like-new condition are fully returnable/exchangeable according to the terms of our return policy.
The Original was the first shoe we introduced into our popular RunAmoc line. Several years ago, our customers started telling us they were running serious mileage in our moccasins and ramblers and asked if we could develop a shoe more appropriate for running. After making a few tweaks to our famous Roo moccasins, the Original was born! We're thrilled to see it embraced not only by runners, but also by people looking for a comfortable everyday shoe.
Lightweight and flexible, this shoe is designed to allow free, natural foot movement. Unlike other shoe companies that try to shave down a bulky shoe to call it "minimal" or "barefoot," we took a different ground-up approach to give you the absolute simplest covering you need for your feet. The simple construction of the Original features a couple thin pieces of leather uppers connected to a thin and durable Vibram sole, Laces tie snugly around the ankle to allow feet to flex and move freely and naturally. The wide toe box and spacious instep of this shoe make it a favorite for those who prefer to run or walk barefoot. Thoroughly tested by ultramarathon runners, we're proud to offer this running moccasin that competes against even the most "technologically advanced" running footwear.
- they have served me wellReview by scedastic
- Fantastic, Fits Looser Than DashReview by Adam
The shoe fits the same in the front but is definitely looser in the ankle and heel. This is more noticeable with the sheepskin insoles fitted. My heel does slide a bit if my gait is lazy whereas this doesn't happen with the Dash. Cinching the lace tight does help a bit.
I think I'll get more use out of them in the non-freezing weather when I take the warm insole out so there is a firmer base.
As for the sole I got the 2mm Street version again. With the sheepskin insole and warm socks I don't feel the cold streets on either these or the Dash.
I did also get the Bee Snow and Water Proofing which helps a lot in wet weather but with such a thin sole I did have water soak through the base of the heel on these on a recent rainy day. Perhaps the Trail sole would be better for wet weather wear. (Posted on 1/15/15)
- First pair of Original Runamocs = Greatness!Review by Dewey
- Not bad for rainReview by Megi
Write Your Own Review
Unsure about your size? Our printable guide will help you find the best fit for your feet! Just click the button below to print the guide and follow the instructions on the page (if you don't have access to a printer then scroll down for another option).
Note: before you print the guide, make sure your printer settings will not shrink or scale the page. Uncheck any boxes labeled "Fit to Printable Area" and/or set scaling options to "None."
Want more details? Check out this video for visual step-by-step instructions:
No Printer? No Problem!
You can still measure feet using the method below (also shown in our sizing videos). You can then scroll down and see where your measurements fall on our sizing charts to find the recommended shoe size. All you need is a book, a tape measure and a wall.
Note: we no longer recommend tracing your feet because it usually gives a larger measurement than the method described below. Our sizing charts work in accordance with the following method.
To measure your feet:
- 1. Remove shoes and socks and place the bare foot so that the heel is barely touching a wall.
- 2. Place a book in on the floor, parallel to the wall, so that it is barely touching the front of the longest toe.
- 3. Step away carefully and measure the distance from the book to the wall.
- 4. Scroll down and look for this measurement on the sizing charts below to find the recommended shoe size.
Once you find your length measurement, you can use table below to best find your corresponding size.
Wide/Narrow: Trouble deciding your width? Our best recommendation is to order a wide or narrow only if you have found you need those custom widths in other brands for your feet to be comfortable. If you have never found you needed wide or narrow shoes before then we suggest sticking with our regular width.
If you find yourself between two shoe sizes, we recommend ordering the larger size. This is especially true of our adult Phoenix Boots, Portlanders and Rogue casual shoes, which run a bit small.
The following list shows all of the leather colors used in our workshop.
You will notice that our smooth, full grain leathers come in a variety of grades and styles. We've found some of these to work well on certain shoes, but not on others. For this reason, when you choose to design your own shoe with smooth leather you will only see certain types available.
Smooth LeathersNOVA White
NOVA Grass Green
SUBLIME Hot Pink
SUBLIME Deep Blue Sea
SUBLIME Sky Blue
AGED Aged Black
VEGETABLE TANNED Cocoa
VEGETABLE TANNED Butternut
VEGETABLE TANNED Olive
VEGETABLE TANNED Grey Plum
Suede LeathersSUEDE Grey
SUEDE Forest Green
SUEDE Medium Blue
SUEDE Baby Leopard
SUEDE Cream with Stars
SUEDE Black with Stars
Vegan ULTRASUEDE Leathers
Elastic/Sport Closures (fabric, not leather)