DYO Adult Original RunAmoc
The original running moccasin! With a spacious toe box and thin, zero-drop soles, This simple design gives your feet everything they need!
- Zero drop sole between toe and heel.
- Solid smooth leather upper suited for colder climates when extra warmth is desired.
- Wide toe box, so your toes can grip, spread & splay away!
- Special Wide XL Width option available for bigfooters. The same width as our normal wide option, wide XL adds extra material to the front upper (vamp) of the shoe for thick feet.
- Choose your sole: rubber 5mm Trail sole, rubber 2mm Street sole or natural bullhide leather sole (formerly called "tough leather sole").
- Lightweight, between 5.6 oz to 8.7 oz depending on the type of sole you choose and how big your paws are.
- Integrated lace elastic ankle closure for adjustable tension.
- Designed and made in Oregon using 100% made-in USA raw materials.
- Premium, formaldehyde-free leathers.
- We can make most shoes within 4 business days (some exceptions apply).
- Design-Your-Own shoes in like-new condition are fully returnable/exchangeable according to the terms of our return policy.
The Original was the first shoe we introduced into our popular RunAmoc line. Several years ago, our customers started telling us they were running serious mileage in our moccasins and ramblers and asked if we could develop a shoe more appropriate for running. After making a few tweaks to our famous Roo moccasins, the Original was born! We're thrilled to see it embraced not only by runners, but also by people looking for a comfortable everyday shoe.
Lightweight and flexible, this shoe is designed to allow free, natural foot movement. Unlike other shoe companies that try to shave down a bulky shoe to call it "minimal" or "barefoot," we took a different ground-up approach to give you the absolute simplest covering you need for your feet. The simple construction of the Original features a couple thin pieces of leather uppers connected to a thin and durable Vibram sole, Laces tie snugly around the ankle to allow feet to flex and move freely and naturally. The wide toe box and spacious instep of this shoe make it a favorite for those who prefer to run or walk barefoot. Thoroughly tested by ultramarathon runners, we're proud to offer this running moccasin that competes against even the most "technologically advanced" running footwear.
Please use table below to best find your corresponding size. For best results, rely on your standard US shoe size. We find this to be the best place to start for adults and generally the most reliable method.
Wide/Narrow: Trouble deciding your width? Our best recommendation is to order a wide or narrow only if you have found you need those custom widths in other brands for your feet to be comfortable. If you have never found you needed wide or narrow shoes before then we suggest sticking with our regular width.
If you find yourself between two shoe sizes, we recommend ordering the larger size. This is especially true of our adult Phoenix Boots and Rogue casual shoes, which run a bit small.
For detailed instructions on how to measure your foot, please click here to view our sizing guide.
The following list shows all of the leather colors used in our workshop.
You will notice that our smooth, full grain leathers come in a variety of grades and styles. We've found some of these to work well on certain shoes, but not on others. For this reason, when you choose to design your own shoe with smooth leather you will only see certain types available.
Smooth LeathersNOVA White
NOVA Buckskin (limited supply)
NOVA Forest Green
NOVA Grass Green
NOVA Ultra Blue
NOVA Dark Purple
SUBLIME Hot Pink
SUBLIME Sky Blue
AGED Aged Black
VEGETABLE TANNED Cocoa
VEGETABLE TANNED Parsnip
VEGETABLE TANNED Butternut
VEGETABLE TANNED Olive
VEGETABLE TANNED Grey Plum
Suede LeathersSUEDE Grey
SUEDE Forest Green
SUEDE Medium Blue
SUEDE Baby Leopard
SUEDE Cream with Stars
SUEDE Black with Stars
Vegan ULTRASUEDE Leathers
Elastic/Sport Closures (fabric, not leather)