A zipper on the outside makes this boot easy to put on and take off, and our zero-drop Geo Vibram sole provides excellent traction in mild to moderate winter conditions. Go ahead, don’t let cold weather stop your kids from “blazing” a trail!
(Please see care and sizing tips below to ensure proper sheepskin maintenance and a great fit!)
- Premium Ocean blue leather uppers with stonytip sheepskin
- Durable, flexible and lightweight soles
- Durable Vibram™ 6mm Geo sole with improved traction on snow and ice
- Fully lined with genuine sheepskin
- Roomy toebox
- Can be worn with or without socks
- Handcrafted in USA from premium, responsibly-sourced leathers
Phoenix boots are only made in one width. New boots should fit snugly, as the natural sheepskin will stretch, but the length of the boot should not cause your child's toes to curl against the front seam—a sign that the size is too small. Please allow 1–2 weeks lead time for this product.
(Need this boot in a larger size? Outfit the whole family with Youth and Adult sizes!)
- Warm - barefoot and beatiful Review by Tini
But they are really warm, flexible and beautiful. (Posted on 12/25/16)
- Perfect boots! Review by Taylor
- 2yr old loves these boots Review by Maria
I water-proofed them with the Bee Natural Leathercare (Rain & Snow). So far, so good.
Just ordered another pair for our 6 year old. (Posted on 11/30/16)
- Best kid boot on the market Review by Everic
Note, we live in Canada and winter is a serious thing over here! Boot are always warm enough (combined with proper socks) -- Beware however, those are definitely not waterproof : he shoot with leather protector every 2 weeks, which provide hydrophobic protection (to an extent) don't expect to jump on the water and not get wet. (Posted on 11/30/16)
- Great Review by Amanda
- Sizing guide was spot on! Review by David
- Fantastic cozy boots for kids Review by Suzi
- Lightweight flexible boot Review by Marmot
Write Your Own Review
Unsure about your child's size? Our printable guide will help you find the best fit for your feet! Just click the button below to print the guide and follow the instructions on the page (if you don't have access to a printer then scroll down for another option).
Note: before you print the guide, make sure your printer settings will not shrink or scale the page. Uncheck any boxes labeled "Fit to Printable Area" and/or set scaling options to "None."
Want more details? Check out this video for visual step-by-step instructions:
No Printer? No Problem!
You can still measure your child's feet using the method below (also shown in our sizing videos). You can then scroll down and see where the measurements fall on our sizing chart to find the recommended shoe size. All you need is a book, a tape measure and a wall.
Note: we no longer recommend tracing feet because it usually gives a larger measurement than the method described below. Our sizing charts work in accordance with the following method.
To measure your child's feet:
- 1. Remove shoes and socks and place the bare foot so that the heel is barely touching a wall.
- 2. Place a book in on the floor, parallel to the wall, so that it is barely touching the front of the longest toe.
- 3. Step away carefully and measure the distance from the book to the wall.
- 4. Scroll down and look for this measurement on the sizing charts below to find the recommended shoe size.
Once you find the length measurement, you can use table below to best find the corresponding size. Keep the following points in mind:
- Wiggle/growing room is already taken into account.
- If your child is on the border between two sizes then we recommend the larger size.
SANDAL SIZING: Our child sandals tend to run big since they are open-toed and open-heeled.We recommend ordering one size smaller than the recommended size for sandals.
BOOT SIZING: Boots tend to run small due to sheepskin lining and (often) thicker socks. It is usually safe to go up at least one size when buying Soft Star boots for your child. The North Star is a more "fitted" style, so order a wide if you plan to wear with thick socks or if you want a roomy fit.
MOCCASIN NOTES: The good thing about soft, moccasin-style shoes (like the Roo or Viley) is that extra length is generally not a problem, so you can often buy with growing room. Your child's foot will slide right to the front of our moccasins and the excess length will be in the back behind their ankle—no worries about tripping over extra length at the toe. Think of it like a glove for their feet. The moc style shoe is very forgiving if too big, which is a good thing if you are on a budget.
If your child has thick or chubby feet, be sure to indicate you need a wide width. If your child has EXTRA wide feet, please read this.
Which style is best for your child?
Use our handy chart below to compare our child shoe styles and find the best fit for your needs. Remember that all Softstar shoes are made from soft, eco-friendly leather and lightweight, flexible soles for healthy foot development. For children in particular, this is important as the bones in their feet are still forming and not fully ossified until ages 9-11. We believe shoes should provide protection from the elements while doing their best to simulate barefoot conditions.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our super friendly customer service elves: email@example.com or 866-763-2525.